Special Ocean Institute Whale Shark Tour
with Captain Nancy L. Caruso, October 17 – 22, 2016
Only 4 Spots Still Open
Swim & Snorkel with Gentle Baja Whale Sharks
Bahia de Los Angeles, Midriff Islands, Sea of Cortez, Baja, Mexico
“One of the World’s Best Places to Experience Whale Sharks”
— Only 300 Miles South of San Diego — Limited to Only 11 Guests
If you have dreamed of a chance to swim with whale sharks, ever marveled at their overwhelming size and beauty – then this special Ocean Institute whale shark tour with expert marine biologist Nancy L. Caruso is entirely what you’ve been waiting for!
Swimming with Baja Whale Sharks Video
Whale Sharks are Rare, Elusive and Magnificent Creatures
There are only four places on the planet whale sharks make predictable appearances at certain times of year. The Sea of Cortez near Bahia de Los Angeles, Baja California, Mexico is one of those 4 spots and closest to the US. Your special 6-day Ocean Institute whale shark tour on October 17 -22 will use the award-winning Eco-friendly Las Animas Wilderness Eco-Lodge, as its base. The rustic eco-lodge – which is the #1 Tripadvisor Specialty lodging in Baja California, is a boat-in only, multi – sport, all-inclusive, soft eco-adventure “Glamping” experience located in the heart of the Midriff Islands, which is near the feeding grounds for the elusive whale shark.
We utilize our own private carriage to transport you from San Diego, California to the whale shark tours feeding grounds in just a few hours. No other Baja tour operator can offer you as much time spent on the ground and such little time traveling, because no other Baja whale shark tour operator has their own private carriage. We will brief you on your upcoming activities on the first day, including protocol and the safety procedures for swimming with these gentle giants.
Baja AirVentures is fully licensed and permitted by the Mexican government (SEMARNAT) to run the whale shark trips, ecotourism and birdwatching trips in Bahia de Los Angeles region of the Sea of Cortez.
Your days will be filled with snorkeling with Whale Sharks, cruising isolated islands and coves looking for the up to 10 species of whales that frequent these waters – including fin and blue whales, dolphins, sea turtles, and manta rays. The daily whale shark tour schedules are known to vary depending on what it is the whale sharks are doing, and when they wish to swim with us. Average summertime water clarity ranges from 35′ – 60′ or deeper while water temperatures hover between 78F – 80F. The region enjoys a cooler micro-climate with daytime temps up to 95F and evenings a pleasant 76 – 78F.
Ocean Institute Whale Shark Tour – Private Experience
- Stay in a Wilderness Eco-Lodge all to yourself, not a mega Tourism Destination
- Expert marine biologist private guide
- 4 to 1 guest to staff ratio
- Small whale shark tour group limited to 15 maximum
- Pristine wilderness all to yourself compared to developed resorts with 1000’s of people
- Baja “Glamping” unlike any other.
More Time with the Whale Sharks
- Less travel time. Closest whale sharks to North America.
- Have the whales all to yourself
- 4 hours or more with whale sharks daily compared to 3 hours or less with other whale shark tours.
Value for your Time
- San Diego gateway city. Get to the whales in less then 3 hours
- 4 days of snorkeling with whale shark
- So many things one can do in addition to the whale shark tour and all included in one price
- Includes access to all the toys: saving you hundreds of dollars
- No need to go out for every meal. Great meals all included right at Las Animas Lodge
- No need to travel to each activity, everything at your private beach
Additional excursions included – no extra charge, Includes: snorkeling with sea lions, exploring offshore Islands, Whale watching including blue and fin back whales, Bird watching, dolphins and more No reservations required: choose what you want to do or join or daily adventures
Special Ocean Institute
Whale Shark Tour 2016
— Limited to Only 10 Guests —
6-day All-inclusive @ $3095
Oct. 17 – Oct. 22
|Only 4 Open|
Availability can change radically daily based on inquiries and bookings that day. Web availability MAY NOT be up to date. Please call to check how many places are still open or if you have questions.
Dates below are already set. Call 800-221-9283 or 1-619-421-2235 or Email
If this Ocean Institute whale shark tour date does not work for you, please see our other 2016 Whale Shark Trip departures here
- 6-day trips depart Monday 7:00 AM returning Saturday 5:00 PM
- Custom and longer trips available
- *Please add 13% Mexican government IVA & 3% National Park Tax*
- No bookings and departure dates are confirmed without signed advance reservation form and paid deposits.
- Date change requests are ONLY valid with mutual written agreement. Date change fee may apply.
Baja Whale Shark Tours based from Award Winning Las Animas Wilderness Eco-Lodge Baja Whale Shark Tour Swimming All Inclusive Itinerary:
Day 2 - 5
Whale Shark (Rhiniodon Typus)
Whale sharks are the world’s largest fish as well as the world’s largest shark. They are harmless plankton eaters, and tend to feed close to the sea waters surface. They are known to reach lengths of up to18 meters (60ft) however average 12 meters (40ft) in length. This shark is easily identified due to its very distinctive pattern of white colored spots, its wide mouth and enormous size. Aside from their huge size, little is known about these creatures. Rarely seen in coastal shallow waters, these mammals are regular visitors to Bahia de Los Angles, Baja Mexico in the summer to fall months of July and September. They come to feed on the plankton of the nutrient rich waters surrounding Las Animas Wilderness lodge.
Marine Biological Profile Whale Sharks of Baja, Mexico
Baja animals demonstrate great tolerance and curiosity to our encounters. It is very important to keep in mind that we are seeking out wild animals in their environment. We ask you to bear in mind the need for caution and respect on our whale shark tours. Do not presume that we have any control over their actions or appearances whatsoever.